WHAT IS THE PTO AGAIN?
PTO stands for Parent Teacher Organization. The LCS PTO is a group of volunteer parents & educators dedicated to supporting the LCS community by enhancing our student’s academic environment and striving to create an inclusive and welcoming culture for all of our families.
WHY SUPPORT THE PTO?
Your PTO membership dues directly impact your child(ren) and the faculty of LCS. The LCS PTO funds school-wide assemblies, in-class enrichments, various learning tools, teacher appreciation drives, as well as community-building social functions.
This is your PTO, and the key to a successful PTO is involvement. Sign up to volunteer here and as committees form you will be contacted.
Don’t see something that you think we should be doing at LCS? Propose your idea to the PTO executive board and volunteer to lead it. Together, we will strengthen our children’s experience and sense of community within our school.
HOW DO I SUPPORT THE PTO?
Pay your suggested PTO membership dues of $50+ per family now! The enrollment period starts in August. "Pay My Dues"
(1) Pay your tax-deductible dues via check, Membership Toolkit, on the app or at www.libertycornerpto.membershiptoolkit.com/login-form
(2) Pay your dues at Back to School Night
WHAT IS A PTO MEMBER?
All families who pays the PTO membership dues of $50+ are a member of the PTO. You put the P in PTO. At the end of the day, the key to a child’s success is the positive involvement of parents. All of our members are encouraged to attend community events and volunteer their time throughout the academic year.
HOW CAN I VOLUNTEER?
Volunteer information and sign-ups are always available on the PTO website. In addition, parents will also have an opportunity to speak with PTO members and sign up to volunteer while attending the PTO Open Meeting as well as Back to School Night, both held in September.
WHAT IS A ROOM PARENT & HOW DO I BECOME ONE?
Room parents are the liaison between the teacher and all the families in your child’s class. Towards the end of August an email will be sent with information on becoming a homeroom parent and how to sign up. Should you choose to become a room parent, we have a home room PTO trustee and a handbook to help you navigate your roles and responsibilities as a home room parent.
HOW CAN I STAY INFORMED?
There are so many ways to stay informed! Join our Facebook group to keep up with all the latest happenings at LCS and check your email for our PTO Sunday Checklists with helpful reminders for the upcoming week.
HOW DO I ENROLL IN THE BEFORE & AFTER CARE PROGRAM?
The Before and After Care program runs Monday-Friday school days only, from 7:00am-8:30am and 3:15pm-6:00pm. Registration packets are located on the BOE website under the “Parents & Students” tab: https://www.bernardsboe.com/cms/one.aspx?portalId=3096972&pageId=4796107
HOW DO I CHECK IN FOR AN EVENT OR AS A VOLUNTEER?
Visitors entering the school between 8 AM and 4 PM should immediately check in with the office.
Parking is limited. There is parking available in the back lot of the Liberty Corner Church. Please do not park in the front lot even if there are empty parking spaces. At school/PTO events children must be supervised at all times. Nurses are not on staff.
HOW DOES SCHOOL LUNCH WORK?
Children may bring their lunch, or purchase lunch in the cafeteria. Lunch periods are 25 minutes plus 25 minutes of recess.
Monthly lunch menus can be found on the LCS website: http://www.bernardsboe.com/parents/lunch_menu/liberty_corner_lunch_menu
Parents may also make advance payments via check made payable to Bernards Township BOE Food Service, and students may also bring cash to pay for lunch daily. Please make sure to include your child’s full name on the check, as well as any envelopes sent in containing cash.
ARE THERE SCHOOL HAPPENINGS I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT?
- Before the 1st day of school, LCS hosts “Meet the Teacher” when you & your child can see their classroom & meet their teacher.
- The 1st Friday of every month is Spirit Day & the School Store is open and run by the 5th Grade Student Council. Items range from $0.25 – $2.00.
- Mini-Units & Intramurals – These after school activities are run each season by LCS Staff. Kindergartners can start participating in the Spring classes.
- Instruments – In 3rd grade children are given the option to play a string instrument. Practice takes place once a week during the school day and one day a week before school starts. The children perform a Winter and Spring concert.
- Band – Is open to students in 4th and 5th grade. Practice takes place once a week during the school day and one day a week before school starts. The children perform a Winter and Spring concert.
- Choir – Is open to students in grades 3rd to 5th. Practice takes place one day a week before school. The children perform a Winter and Spring concert.
- 5th Grade Student Council- 5th graders are welcome to join student council, led by Mr. Rauschenberger. This group works as a team to organize and lead many initiatives throughout the year.
HOW DO I CREATE A NEW ID & PASSWORD FOR THE ONLINE FAMILY DIRECTORY (Membership ToolKit)?
Log onto www.libertycornerpto.membershiptoolkit.com/login-form and click “create account”. Complete the form. The system will send you an email. Click the link in the email message to verify your email address and complete the process. Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
CAN I SHARE MY PHOTOS OF EVENTS I TOOK WITH THE LCS PHOTOGRAPHY COMMITTEE?
Yes. While volunteering, if you take any photos of events, please upload them HERE following the instructions. Thank you!