Interested in being a 2016/2017 Grade Level Class Parent Representative (CPR) or a Room Parent?
***Please read to the bottom of this information page to ensure you understand all the position responsibilities. If you wish to register, please then click on CPR/Room Parent at the bottom of this page for the link to the Registration Form.***
Room Parents will be selected through a process overseen by Dr. Oliver. Priority is given to parents who were not chosen to serve as a Room Parent for the 2015/2016 school year and to parents who serve as a PTO Event Chairperson during the 2016/2017 year. (If you would like to sign-up to Chair a 2016-2017 Event, please contact Jessica Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org for open opportunities.)
Once parents with priorities have been selected, the remaining Room Parents’ names will be picked out of a hat for classrooms as needed. Each class in LCS will have three (3) Room Parents. One lead (key communicator) and two assistants.
Room Parents’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinate communications and requests from the teacher, Grade Class Parent Representative (CPR) or PTO to all classroom parents via email
* Copy CPR on all communication
Back to School Night
* Solicit parents to volunteer for class parties and other event sign ups
* Solicit parent email addresses for class communication
* Collect money for teacher gifts
* Be available to help, bring in materials or solicit help from your class for the teacher
* Work with teacher on all supplies needed
* Ensure all children are included in events, highlight to CPR any needs to ensure all children are able to participate
* Organize volunteers who signed up for supplies and solicit any additional items needed, or as requested by CPR and/or teacher
*Work with CPR/Teacher to plan class parties/activities
Class Parent Representative (CPR) responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Liaison between VP Homeroom and Classes
* One per grade
* Work with Grade Level Leader teacher on Grade events/parties
* Work with Grade Level Leader teacher to schedule and arrange enrichment programs for each Grade
* Send emails to Grade Room Parents
*Monitor email communication between room parents and class
* Field any concerns/issues from parents within classroom/grade
If you would like to register for the opportunity to be chosen as either a CPR or Room Parent, please click on CPR/Room Parent to complete the registration form.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Meghan Fedor at email@example.com.